• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A drive in Nothants (1 Viewer)

willowa

A drive in Northants

Today, I went out for a drive to the local village to test my new bins. Bushnell Natureview 8x42. I stoped in a lay-by and just had a scout round. I saw a Blackbird a couple of crows some un id gulls poss (black headed) a dunnock three Pheasants and in the distance was two Buzzards flying over a roockery. I took my bins away and was surprised I could only just make out the Buzzards with my naked eye. I caried on watching the Buzzards for a while they started tallon (griping) if thats the word. Then I drove to see if I could get closer I found a suitable spot. Looked around there were five Buzzards I watched them for a while then scouted round and I saw a Sparrowhawk sitting in a tree. Across a field I saw a flock of Chaffinches a bluetit and some fieldfares in the trees.
A couple of Woodpigeons was at the far end in some trees. This was only my second trip out. I was very pleased with the quality of these bins being a novice they were very easy to focus quickly and are comfortable to hold. I was not expecting to see the Buzzards or the fieldfares It was a good day.
:king:

Last edited:
Last week I was on the A14 and by J11 at Keetering I saw 3 Red Kites. About half a mile west of the junction. So keep your eyes peeled they are part of a release scheme I beleive.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back