• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seben Sahara 10x26 (1 Viewer)

mazzam

Hi...

I'm new to birdwatching and need an inexpensive pair of portable binos to take with me when walking.

I saw these on ebay and they seem to go for round about £20.

Has anyone used the Saharas? I'd be very grateful for any opinions.

matthew.

Hi Matthew and welcome to BF

I've never heard of the bins. If you check the special offers page on WWW.WAREHOUSEEXPRESS.COM

you'll see the Bushnell legacy compacts 8x25 £39 (reduced from £79) and Nikon Sprint III 8x21 for £35 (reduced from £90)

Hi Matthew and welcome, try looking at www.7dayshop.com they have Eyetx Binoculars ~ Sport Series 10x42 Roof Prisms for £16.99 a pair.

Now I know they are not top of the range bins and don't pretend to be, but I bought a pair purely out of interest and they are good. They compare to £80 - £90 pairs in the highstreet. The strap's not up to much, but once changed for something a bit sturdier, they were fine.

As I said earlier I bought out of interest and help me decide on Roof Prisms or not, they are also useful to take out when a good pair may be compromised or to just keep in the car.

Don't get me wrong, I am still looking for a more expensive pair and have thread going about Opticron, but if your budget is as low as £20 these will fit the bill, delivery is £3.95.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back