• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Budget birding Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Dominican Republic (1 Viewer)

Nice trip and a great success, I'm a bit jealous, I had considered adding another island to my own trip to the DR but was put off by the need to fly between islands via Florida, and at any rate decided on a short trip... may have missed it but was your flight from San Juan to Punta Cana direct?

Yes, the flight from San Juan to Punta Cana was direct. Jet Blue has a few flights between the two airports that are very cheap (I think ours was $67 per person). The flight from Jamaica to Puerto Rico was a bit more tricky though. That one involved going through FL which was a bit annoying and a lot more expensive.

Just read it through properly. You are legends. :clap: It show's what's still possible to do at a cost more can afford.

Thanks! I hope our report (and blog) encourages more people to try independent budget birding trips. There's plenty of general bird information online, but not too often do people really explain directions to specific spots or note where exactly they saw a specific species. The goal of our reports is to help inspire others to share specific information from their travels so that people with tighter budgets can have the same experience as those on pricey bird tours!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back