• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bill Cooks book now available (1 Viewer)

The wonders of computers!
After ordering four separate things from Amazon since moving to North Carolina When I order Bill's book and three others they ship them all separately and to my old address in Indianapolis. I went n and checked and couldn't find that address anywhere I had assess. Maybe "Big Brother" doesn't want us to know the TRUTH. Now I don't know about the rest of the fine folks on BF but I feel that since I've handled so much bulls**t in my life I can handle a little truth.
Steve

The wonders of computers!
After ordering four separate things from Amazon since moving to North Carolina When I order Bill's book and three others they ship them all separately and to my old address in Indianapolis. I went n and checked and couldn't find that address anywhere I had assess. Maybe "Big Brother" doesn't want us to know the TRUTH. Now I don't know about the rest of the fine folks on BF but I feel that since I've handled so much bulls**t in my life I can handle a little truth.
Steve

Thanks to the advances in ... well, I shouldn’t go there.

Last Saturday, Debbie and I drove to Boise to see “Darkest Hour.” The movie has been out since Thanksgiving, but reps for my local—new, 13 screen theater—said it wasn’t showing in town and that there were no plans to show it. So, we made the 265-mile round trip and had Chico in the kennel for a day—where he had to associate with ... DOGS! what indignity.

Today, I looked to find out the show times for The Greatest Showman. And, guess what I found is showing (4 days later) in the theater that wasn’t going to show it at all!? :cat:

Bill

Last Saturday, Debbie and I drove to Boise to see “Darkest Hour.” The movie has been out since Thanksgiving, but reps for my local—new, 13 screen theater—said it wasn’t showing in town and that there were no plans to show it. So, we made the 265-mile round trip and had Chico in the kennel for a day—where he had to associate with ... DOGS! what indignity.

Today, I looked to find out the show times for The Greatest Showman. And, guess what I found is showing (4 days later) in the theater that wasn’t going to show it at all!? :cat:

Bill

Bill:

I'm thinking you enjoyed that movie. You worked on many of the
binoculars at that time, when you served.

Thanks for your service.....;)

Jerry

Bill

Sounds like you were the victim of misinformation....

Sounds like you were the victim of misinformation....

It’s kinda like the AVERAGE restaurant in today’s America; you tell the server what you want and he or she brings you what they want you to have. :cat:

Bill

PS Oh, yeah: Binoculars, Binoculars, Binoculars.

FINALY!! after Amazon sent it to my od address, winter storms closing both the Indianapolis and Lexington airports for various periods of time I now have my copy of Bills book. Now since we will have painters in painting the kitchen, people putting in new floors and another guy fixing one of the bathrooms hopefully by this weekend I'll have a quiet enough house to actually read the thing.
Steve

Damn and blast! I would have had my copy of Bills book yesterday but we had four inches of snow. Its funny that here in coastal North Carolina four inches shuts down the eastern part of the sate for two days and the governor declares a state of emergency. Back in Indiana four inches ment you left for work five or ten minutes early.
Steve

http://www.wral.com/orange-county-schools-close-tuesday-after-brief-snow/17299642/

Immediately thought if this conversation when I seen this article today o:)

Page Count

Yes, states which see little snow.

A.W.

Hey, Gang:

Over on CN, there's a fellow saying that "Nowhere" on the Amazon site does it state the number of pages in my book. I find this odd since it is actually the FIRST information offered. Would someone who frequents that site be so kind as to share that information with him. His screen name is Black Star.

Bill

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 4.09.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 4.09.39 PM.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 101
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back