• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Madagascar: warbler (1 Viewer)

BastiH

Hello!

Is it possible to identify this bird?
I think it is a kind of warbler.

Best regards Basti

Attachments

• DSC_6721 warbler.jpg
    DSC_6721 warbler.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 97
Not the best picture but it does indeed look like a warbler. Not that I've ever seen it but with it's streaked throat it looks like a Madagascan Swamp Warbler to me...

Copied from oiseaux.net:

"Habitat
Forest : Subtropical/Tropical Mangrove Vegetation Above High Tide Level ; Wetlands (inland) : Bogs, Marshes, Swamps, Fens, Peatlands, Permanent Saline, Brackish or Alkaline Marshes/Pools"

Seems to inhabit mangroves as well...

Copied from oiseaux.net:

"Habitat
Forest : Subtropical/Tropical Mangrove Vegetation Above High Tide Level ; Wetlands (inland) : Bogs, Marshes, Swamps, Fens, Peatlands, Permanent Saline, Brackish or Alkaline Marshes/Pools"

Seems to inhabit mangroves as well...

OK, different to what I read.

From HBW alive but I can't access the whole section as I don't subscribe so maybe it goes on to describe habitat which includes that other than fresh water?

'Various types of freshwater habitat, especially in areas of slow-moving and stagnant waters'

A

Hello Roland, Bobbit and Andy.

Thanks for your help. I know the picture is not the best. The warbler was a bit too far away and he was moving all the time.

I guess it really could be the Madagascan Swamp warbler when I see the pictures in the web.
I have on more picture from the back, but it is more worse.

Basti

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back