• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central Park Great place for Birding (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
This week 1st-6th December had my first ever trip to NYC and wanted to do a bit of Birding. I knew I won't have time to do it properly as I was with family & friends but when we went to Central Park on the Thursday I decided to bring my binoculars, notebook, pencil & a small Birds Of New York Guide book. I wasn't to birdwatch for long was just a quick stroll up to Strawberry Fields the memorial to John Lennon as I wanted to see it as I'm a huge fan of his. Apart from seeing birds I already knew around the city such as Rock Doves,Starlings & House Sparrows I was already hearing calls I don't know but after looking up I managed to see 2 birds that were new to me and they were Blue Jay & American Robin. I would loved to have seen Cardinals but didn't have time to look but I hope to return to New York in the near future.

Last edited:
Bue jays are fine!

Hello Euan,

I am glad to read that you had some success visiting Central Park. Even if blue jays are so common, they are still a nice sight. The attached image does not capture the turquoise in the tail

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Attachments

• blue jay.jpg
    blue jay.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 109
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back