• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Military Binocular Identification (1 Viewer)

Khalid_42

Hello dear birders and binocular fans,

I'm myself a bino and birding fan but im asking here because i'd like an identification for this pair of binos.

It is worn by a soldier in the syrian civil war, probably it's of russian origin.

It is really a bad quality screenshot from an unsharp smartphone video, but still the binocular is clearly visible.

If anyone is up to the task, thx ! :)

Attachments

• issamzahreddinebinos.jpg
    issamzahreddinebinos.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 177
Possibly Chinese independent eyepiece marine 7x50 with compass.

He is married with ladies watch and AK 47, possibly.

Last edited:
I used to have some rubber armoured tasco,s 8x40,s like them around 1977/78 not military so no compass and the eye pieces were fold over rubber ones for spectacle wearers thou they were heavy I wish I still had them.

Hello dear birders and binocular fans,

I'm myself a bino and birding fan but im asking here because i'd like an identification for this pair of binos.

It is worn by a soldier in the syrian civil war, probably it's of russian origin.

It is really a bad quality screenshot from an unsharp smartphone video, but still the binocular is clearly visible.

If anyone is up to the task, thx ! :)

I believe the bino is a Swift Seahawk with compass/Bushnell Navigator with compass/Fujinon ARC/ or whatever his supplier is calling it. It is made by Kamakura (JB 133) or Katsuma (JB 2). Outwardly both models are almost identical in appearance, weight, and performance. :cat:

Hope this helps.

Bill

Last edited:
bino

Looks like a fuji 7X50, with a compass so - not a M22 version which were left behind after our withdrawal from Iraq.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back