• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anybody tried the new Opticron Tele-adapter? (1 Viewer)

Wayland

Anybody tried the new Opticron Tele-adapter? I'm keen to know what you think if you have one.

I have the old version, but it is pretty poor to be honest. It's barely usable, even in the very best light. I'm hoping the new one is a lot better as I like the concept and prefer to use a fixed mag EP but with an adapter for "emergency IDs", rather than a zoom. I don't want to risk buying one though, if it's no better than the previous model.

Wayland,

I posted my initial thoughts on a thread over in the binocular forums' Opticron section. It is a solid performer and certainly would fill the need you suggested in your post. I never owned the old one so I can't really compare the two.

I have no knowledge of the old model, I bought the new one after trying it in Norfolk to use with my 8.5x42SVFP, when I don`t want to carry a scope.

Performs well beyond my expectation, bright, sharp, only downside is greatly reduced fov, but thats probably unavoidable.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back