• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 82ED angled scope problem (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the link Pileatus but I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "There's more than the scope to worry about". I'm intrigued ... please expand your thoughts.... :eek!:
Joe
Your FSA and camera are part of the equation.

I use an ED82 with the 30X DS eyepiece and it's as sharp as any scope in its class. I'm not sure what lens you use but that's where I'd start your analysis. If you don't get a sharp image with the zoom or fixed lenses then the scope has a problem. Otherwise...well...photography is challenging.

Good luck.

Yes I agree with Pileatus when digiscoping with compact camera on my ED82 and DS30x eyepiece, it is sharp and on par with the other brands.

With FSA-L1, vibration is the biggest challenge so I normally sit without extending the legs of my tripod while shooting with it.

Your FSA and camera are part of the equation.

I use an ED82 with the 30X DS eyepiece and it's as sharp as any scope in its class. I'm not sure what lens you use but that's where I'd start your analysis. If you don't get a sharp image with the zoom or fixed lenses then the scope has a problem. Otherwise...well...photography is challenging.

Good luck.

Thanks Pileatus,
I must have not explained properly that the problem is with the scope itself. When I compared it to a friends Swaro that's when I noticed the difference in sharpness.
I digiscope with the FSA-1 and my D40x and have had the probs with lack of sharpness with it. I've gone through a range of solutions from only using high shutter speeds ( 'cos the rig has a fixed aperture of F13 ) to making a solid support bracket that fits between the camera and scope and then mounting it on the tripod to reduce possible vibration. I use the Nikon remote shutter release and a Manfrotto pod that's like 3 pieces of scaffold pole but still I get unsharp images. It was only when out just birding with my friend I compared the two scopes and was stunned with the sharpness of his Swaro scope compared to mine.
So here we are and I'm now resigned to contacting Nikon to try and resolve my problem.............................:t:
Cheers Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back