• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A day to lift your spirits (1 Viewer)

Reader

I must admit that I haven't written a day out before but today was such a lovely winters day that I thought I would share part of it with you.

I don't know how anyone elses weather was today but here in Warwickshire it was a gloriously sunny day with a real bite to it. Just after dawn and there were patches of mist to give the lifting sun a golden glow. I have attached a couple of shots to depict the start of the day.

I spied a Kestrel on a tree but as usual as soon as i came to a stop it flew but this time to another tree about 100 yards away. The low sunlight gave the bird a beauty of its own and i tried for a shot. They didn't quite come out as good as I had hoped but I have attached one of the bird as it appeared to give a great yawn.

The rest of the day was a real treat to be out but the first hour after dawn was the moment worth capturing and I hope the 3 photos I have attached lift your spirits as it lifted mine.

Attachments

• Sunrise 1.jpg
    Sunrise 1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Sunrise 2.jpg
    Sunrise 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Kestrel 5.jpg
    Kestrel 5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 133
You fared better than me today in some respects. Lovely shot of the Kestrel by the way. I saw four today, but everyone a female whereas it's a male I'm short of a decent photo for.

Great pictures. I too had a great day finding the Penduline Tit at Slapton and then belting out it's location to cause lots of birders to come running over!

Reader,thankyou for sharing your day with us.Yes ,we had the most marvellous sunrise here,across the Irish sea,but sadly as the day progressed things went downhill and it rained,typical Lake Distict weather!!.
Your photos are lovely,spring is on the way.
Christine

Sunday was a glorious Winters day, frosty but simply stunning, walking around Exminster Marshes and then working with the RSPB at Bowling Green Marsh (Devon). Travelling home in the evening i watched the sunset the best so far this Winter, it lifted my spirits, i just wished i was on the coast to experience it at its best.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back