• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Japan Backyard Feeders (1 Viewer)

shykra

Professional Beginner
Japan Backyard Feeders

Quick summary of my area. I am in a suburban setting and I am feeding your common cheap mixed seed in two tube feeders and on a ground level table feeder, black oil sunflower seeds in two tube feeders and peanuts in a mesh type feeder, and when available table scarps and fruit on a ground level table feeder.

Today’s appearances Grey-capped Greenfinches (Carduelis sinica) continue to increase in numbers. Coal Tits (Parus ater) is still working away at the peanuts and the Great Tits (Parus major) are scarce but still around.

Last edited:
Geez Andy, I can't really contribute to this thread-- I'm in central Japan. I've stopped putting seed and oranges out here, as is my wont when Spring comes. I still have the Great Tits, white-eyes, bulbuls, turtle-doves, and the territorial bush-warbler coming to the birdbath, and, surprisingly, I saw a Black-faced Bunting still searching for seed in the grass yesterday-- I thought they had headed out.

Charles Harper said:
Geez Andy, I can't really contribute to this thread-- I'm in central Japan. I've stopped putting seed and oranges out here, as is my wont when Spring comes. I still have the Great Tits, white-eyes, bulbuls, turtle-doves, and the territorial bush-warbler coming to the birdbath, and, surprisingly, I saw a Black-faced Bunting still searching for seed in the grass yesterday-- I thought they had headed out.
Name changed, post away Japan.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back