• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maksutov contrast. (1 Viewer)

Cosme

Maksutov/SCT contrast.

Maks/SCT as a subtitute of typical terrestrial scopes has many criticism.

As we know, they are mainly, they are not waterproof, and heavier.

If we talk about purely visual perfomance: poor deep of field and poor contrast, not suited for wide fovs without focal reducers ...

Even with that they offer a great aperture for the price and respectable resolution, and almost none CA.

Now i wanna show you how to eliminate one of the drawbacks, the contrats.

And im saying eliminate, not improve or cover.

Actually, i was looking for other pictures i saw time ago, but these ones are even more impresive. Notice the guy only flock a part of the primmary baffle telescope, should be the most important? i think the diameter interior of the tube was the one to do, however ... look!

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/184511-flocking-a-6se/?p=1947976

I always been reading about maks flock, and never found a drastical opinion, but, i forgot they always talk about sky and night, not earth and day.

Quite impresive ... make wonders now, what a C5 sealed, flocked and focal reducer, wich also gives a flatter field, can do compared with any on that price ... still poor deep of field and heavy :king:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back