• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Spacemaster (1 Viewer)

Bencw

I bought this Bushnell spacemaster scope on a whim. It was not a lot of money and looked unused so thought I would take a punt. I know there are several spacemaster models, and wonder which model and where this one fits in the hierachy? The 20 - 60x zoom eyepiece can be moved to varying positions, it's not bad, the view at 20x to 30x is decent but above that it is not so good, possibly a different eyepiece may be better if any fit ?. I don't know much about scopes, so not sure how these compare, but would say my very old Optolyth seems sharper.

Attachments

• BUSHNELL-SPACEMASTER SCOPE.JPG
    BUSHNELL-SPACEMASTER SCOPE.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 77
This seems to have an internal thread of app 28mm, I am thinking of trying a 28mm to 37mm step up ring to use my fixed 30x Optolyth eyepiece on this scope, would that work does anyone know? My scope knowledge is zilch.

Hi,

I'd be astonished if that works. Is the optolyth EP slim enough to fit more or less flush into the body? If yes, it might work - if not, probably don't bother.

It's not only a mechanics thing, even if it fits, you might not be able to focus to infinity and if the EP stands out a lot chances are not so good.

Regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim, the EP would not fit flush, only a small portion of thread would go into the ring, so probably a non starter, although a step up ring would cost next to nothing, seems not worth the bother. I think I may sell this scope soon, I only bought out of curiosity and as it was cheap.

Hi,

I'd be astonished if that works. Is the optolyth EP slim enough to fit more or less flush into the body? If yes, it might work - if not, probably don't bother.
It's not only a mechanics thing, even if it fits, you might not be able to focus to infinity and if the EP stands out a lot chances are not so good.

Regards,

Joachim

Joachim, I just had to try out of curiosity. You were quite right, the 30x EP would not focus, however, I tried the same thing with my 20x Optolyth eyepiece and first impression is that has worked much better, nice image.

Congratulations - one out of two is not too bad. What is the magnification and field of view with the 20x Optolyth as compared to the zoom?

Joachim

Congratulations - one out of two is not too bad. What is the magnification and field of view with the 20x Optolyth as compared to the zoom?

Joachim

20x fixed Optlyth compared with the Bushnell zoom at 20x, about the same, but the Optolyth is marginally sharper, the FOV appears slightly wider with the Optolyth EP, but not much in it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back