• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Rome, Italy - Pentax scope (1 Viewer)

Gufo

Hello everybody! I'm happy to have joined birdforum. I found a lot of information here when I decided to get my first spotting scope: the Pentax PF80EDA. I never had the chance to look through it because you can't find them here. So I took the risk after reading a lot in the forum and trusted al the people who talked about it. I bought it in CameralandNY for the fantastic price of 845$, included was the zoom eyepiece. They were very professional and very fast with shipping! My first impression? WOW! I didn't expect it to be this good. I almost cannot immagine that the fixed EPs are even better. I already had a pair of Pentax binoculars (DCF SP 8x32) and they are great value for the price but I know the're not the best in the world. The scope is a different story though. It's superb! I can't wait to use it in the woodlands and mountains 60 km from Rome where I have a small house. So, for the moment this is it. I wish a great birding weekend to all of you. Thanks!

Hello Gufo. On behalf of all the staff and moderators, welcome to Birdforum.Enjoy yourself here. Please feel free to join in whenever you feel like it. I am pleased you have already found some good advice on Birdforum. Good luck with the scope.

Hi Gufo and a warm welcome to Bird Forum from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

Hi and welcome to BF - the Pentax is an excellent scope, I hop eit helps you to see lots of wonderful birds.

Ciao Gufo,
Benvenuto a BF. Sembri aver un buon commando della lingua Inglese, tant' è che mi sia venuto il sospetto che non sei italiano...

thanks to everybody for this welcome. And this is for cuckooroller: hai ragione non sono italiano, sono belga (fiamingo) ma vivo in Italia dal 1988.
Ero un po depresso perchè in Italia è dificile trovare info su materiali tipo spotting scope con pochi negozi e poche marche da provare. Grazie a questo forum invece ho ordinato qualcosa all'estero. Grazie!

thanks to everybody for this welcome. And this is for cuckooroller: hai ragione non sono italiano, sono belga (fiamingo) ma vivo in Italia dal 1988.
Ero un po depresso perchè in Italia è dificile trovare info su materiali tipo spotting scope con pochi negozi e poche marche da provare. Grazie a questo forum invece ho ordinato qualcosa all'estero. Grazie!

Hi Gufo,
Yes, for a few reasons Italy is kind of out of the main stream for certain things. For example, it is hard to get any book related to birds here - impossible to just order them through a normal "libreria" as the distribution circuits are completely different. There is one store that handles them in Rome - owned by Roberto Gildi, but personally I usually order them on-line from either the U.K., or from Spain (Lynx Ediciones).

Hi Cuckooroller
Yes I know Roberto Gildi but me too though buy all my books on-line (ebay, amazon ...) They are much cheaper and they send them at home. I just bought Birds of Europe by Lars Johnsson, very good, he's a great illustrator and has another great book: "Birds and light" wich I still have to buy. I'm going to take a look at Lynx Ediciones because I don't know them. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back