• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the February 2006 theme challenge. (1 Viewer)

IanF

I found this one of the most difficult competitions we’ve ever run – both from selecting the entries for the voting booth and then to make a selection to vote for. It’s nice to see that every finalist received at least one vote though I’m surprised the votes weren’t more evenly split.

From the 115 entries 30 were selected for inclusion in the voting booth.

From the 198 votes cast the results are as follows –

1st place - Anna's Hummingbird by alibenn which received 30/198 votes.

2nd place - Reed Bunting by SeanKP with 25 votes.

3rd place - Barn Owl on gate post by RoyH with 19 votes.

Congratulations to each of you :t:

Entries will remain in place until tomorrow night – when details of the March competition will be posted.

Congratulations alibenn a well deserved win. Congratulations Seank piped at the post. And another congratulations goes to RoyH another brilliant photo.

Well done to everyone for making it through to the final.

Its getting more and more difficult to pick the finalist these days I don't envy the moderaters in having to go through them all to pick the final 30 for voting.

I must admit this was by far the hardest one to pick a winner, my decision kept changing just about after every picture.

Well done all of you.

I look forward to next months Competition.

I voted for the Reed Bunting as I loved the lighting, but the Hummingbird is a worthy winner. It looks as three-dimensional as you're ever going to get in a normal image.

Congratulations to the top three and all the others who made the final selection. Some great photos there to choose from.

Saphire said:
Congratulations alibenn a well deserved win. Congratulations Seank piped at the post. And another congratulations goes to RoyH another brilliant photo.

Well done to everyone for making it through to the final.

Its getting more and more difficult to pick the finalist these days I don't envy the moderaters in having to go through them all to pick the final 30 for voting.

Hi, many thanks to all the members that took time out to vote for me and congratulations to alibenn and Seank, it was great to come 3rd I voted for the gentleman that came 4th who was running 3rd at the start. Great images very hard to choose. Seank, hope to see your picture on the front of a bird magazine...it was well worthy of that. My mate said, he would like it in a frame on his wall, I am pleased to hear he told me he voted for the Tuffed Tit and not his mate, that is not the way to earn 3rd place. :clap:

Many thanks also to Admid for staging this monthly competition.

Regards,

Roy Howell.

Sorry folks

Darn it - I missed the cut off. I just couldn't decide - :brains:
My vote wouldn't have influenced the overall result though - phew.
I'll try harder next month.

Congratulations to Ali on his well-deserved victory and well done Roy on a wonderful picture. Having seen the quality of the entries, I am both shocked and delighted that my picture did so well. I was genuinely pleased to make the final 30. Thank you to everyone who voted for Reed Bunting. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Sean

level seven said:
I voted for the Reed Bunting as I loved the lighting, but the Hummingbird is a worthy winner. It looks as three-dimensional as you're ever going to get in a normal image.

Congratulations to the top three and all the others who made the final selection. Some great photos there to choose from.
I too voted for the reed bunting.The humming bird is a worthy 1st.
Congratulation to the top three. B :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

A worthy winner, congratulations Ali for a superb shot of the Anna's Hummingbird, simply stunning and by far the best picture in this months competition. Well done to the runners-up for their superb captures. The Reed Bunting was a great composition with superb light and tone and pictures of Barn Owls always make me smile. This months competition has given me the enthusiasm to go out and take better pictures. :clap: :clap: :clap: B :) :bounce:

Thanks to all who voted. not just for me, but for all the finalists. It really was tight all the way, which made for an exciting 6 days of voting. I don't have any shots of birds on feeders, so will be taking the month off :))

Alister

Well done to Alibenn - a very worthy winner, and also to the runners up with their superb pictures. Thanks to all those who entered and voted and also to those that voted for mine!

Congratulations Alibenn, Sean and Roy. I think the winning pic was well worth it.

My great victory was to get among 30 finalist. The 11 votes I got from you really surprised me. There were so many magnificent photos in this competition! Thank you all who gave your vote to my little tit!! I´m honoured..

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back