• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Zeiss Victory 8x42 FL T* came today - whoa! (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

My Victory 8x42 FL T* binocs came today - man are these great! I haven't checked them out in low light yet but if daylight is any indication, I'm sure they'll be fine. And the eye relief is super with my glasses - I always struggled with my Swarovski 8x32 ELs. Actually I just sold my ELs and a G Loomis fly rod and after buying the Zeiss, I still had an extra $150 left over - almost feels like Christmas.

Since I couldn't find any of these locally to look at, I went with the recommendations from several people on this forum - and I'm glad I did. I couldn't be happier. Thanks again.

I am glad you like the Zeiss, I really liked the one I tried. Now you might be able to identify the hatch on the stream with the 8x42FL but no fly rod to catch them with.:) You will have to just watch the birds.
Regards,Steve

So glad it worked out for you, getting bins w/o being able to try them is nerve-racking. It is great to hear that they work with your glasses on, I know how that can make all the difference in the world. Enjoy them often, sounds like you caught the big one!

Hi Steve,
glad you like your bins, I got a pair of 8x32 a year ago "brilliant" and I have friends with both 8x42's and 7x42's who said best bins ever used, and I have more than one friend who have asked if any thing happens to me can they have my bins, nice mates.

all the best Nigel.

TP,
I'm glad you can use the 8x42 FL with glasses. It is a slick-working, eye-popping bino. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back