• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flash problem (1 Viewer)

lanius

Gareth in Beverley
Hi all,

Whenever I use the in-built flash of my Nikon CP4500, it flashes 4 - yes 4! - times, taking the picture on the 4th flash. This was amusing and puzzling to start with but is getting increasingly irritating! I suspect there is a setting somewhere that I've inadvertantly changed and I hope it isn't flashing like this due to an actual fault.

Has anyone else had this problem with a Coolpix and may be able to suggest how I can fix it please?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Gareth Watkins,
East Yorkshire

I think you have the flash set for red-eye reduction. This gives exactly what you describe. Us the Flash button (on the lens section of the 4500) to change this to single flash, flash off etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back