• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from the Caribbean (1 Viewer)

singdipper

Hi, I'm excited to find this forum. I'm from Seattle, Washington, but am now living on Roatan Island, Honduras.
I'm not an accomplished birder by any means, but I enjoy finding new birds and trying to figure out what they are. My husband and I spent three months backpacking from Panama City to Cancun this year, and saw a lot of wonderful birds, which has only made me more eager to take more birding trips, especially on the Honduras mainland.
I've taken a job here on Roatan, running the Mayoka Lodge. I hope to still have time to do some birding. In the meantime I'm enjoying what birds I can find here. The snorkeling here is great, though, so these days I'm mostly learning reef fish.
Contact me if you're in the area, maybe we can meet up and go birding!
Cheers,
Pam

Hello Pam. On behalf of all the staff and moderators, welcome to Birdforum.Enjoy yourself here. Please feel free to join in whenever you feel like it.

Hi Pam and welcome to BF :t:

Sounds like a pretty exciting position you've found. Maybe we'll get to see some photos of the birds in your part of the world ;)

Pam - your message is so old that I don't know if you even still live on Roatan, but I will be visiting March 13 to 20 and am interested in birding while I am there. My family and I will be at Infinity Bay. Reply to this message if you are still active in the Roatan area - I would be interested in hearing from you.

Best regards,

John

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back