• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DP Review Panasonic GH3 review (1 Viewer)

Great camera it is indeed. I wonder how its digital zoom compares to the OM-D's electronic teleconverter. My guess is that the OM-D has a slight advantage in stills but this camera has an advantage in video. Can't wait for the 150mm 2.8 lens to come out next year and to stick it on this camera.

Just had a quick look at the spec and, as a G3 user, the attractive features to me of the GH3 are that it's weather-sealed and shoots at 6fps.

Just had a quick look at the spec and, as a G3 user, the attractive features to me of the GH3 are that it's weather-sealed and shoots at 6fps.
The only problem with that is that I believe there is only two or three weather sealed lenses available at the moment. I could be wrong though as I am not very well up on m43 gear.

Ron

The only problem with that is that I believe there is only two or three weather sealed lenses available at the moment. I could be wrong though as I am not very well up on m43 gear.

Ron

You could well be right, Ron. I've not checked either. However, it's a good start to get a weather-sealed body. What I'd really like to see is a 300mm or 400mm prime for the m4/3 :t:
Hobbes

Hi Hobbes. I have just checked and it seems that there are four weather-resistant m43 lenses currently available:
Panasonic 12-35 f2.8
Panasonic 35-100 f2.8
Olympus 12-50 f3.5-6.3
Olympus 60 f2.8 macro

I suppose that a 300mm prime might appear one day, although it might be too big to suit the small format. I think the chances of a 400mm prime are very remote. I could be wrong though. I often am. ;)

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back