• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon action fieldmaster = action extreme? (1 Viewer)

BrightIdea

Hello

I lucked into a set of Nikon Action Fieldmaster 12x50 recently. Cost me $0.

Are these the same as the Action Extreme EX?

Externally they sure look identical , however I am coming up with very little info on the action Fieldmasters.

thanks in advance

Brightidea:

Welcome to the birdforum, I happen to have this model Nikon Action 12x50, I think
I purchased mine back in the 90's. They are Japanese made, and are very similar
to the current action model. These are different from the Action Extreme, as the
action, is not waterproof, foldown eyecups, etc. The Action Extreme has twistup
eyecups, and is waterproof, and the ocular lenses are larger. I have the 12x50
Action extreme also, and they are better optically, a bit larger sweetspot with less
edge distortion. They both have a 5.5 deg. FOV.

Jerry

Thanks very much for your reply. The binocs are massive for anything I would really use them for, but free is free! My 'other' binocs, which I love, are my sons 6x30 Yo's.

I am in the market for a much more compact roof, which I will get far more use out of, so I will in all likelihood sell these to fund the purchase. (There are so many choices in the 7 or 8x 30 to 36 inch smaller-midsize range its mind boggling!)

I dont know how much market there is for a lightly used action fieldmaster 12x50 on here, so perhaps ebay.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back