• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon P5000, FSB-6 Bracket, Leica Televid (1 Viewer)

Dougie

Hi All
I have managed to acquire a FSB-6 Digiscoping bracket to see if it could be adapted to fit a Leica Televid Scope, and if you know someone who is handy with a lathe then the answer is yes.

The original bracket will fit over the Leica eye-pieces but won't hold securely.

So (Mk1) was to have some sleeves made up from grey nylon,(see attached picture) to slide over the eye-piece to expand the external diameter from 52mm to fit the adapter collar which is about 55mm. This worked OK, but the collar on the FSB-6 Bracket is very shallow ,so the bracket did show a tendency to twist slightly so the whole rig didn't sit square with the eye-piece.

So (Mk11) this now needed the front collar of the FSB-6 removing, this collar is held on by three 2mm set screws. Once removed a new longer collar was machined out of white nylon, and a groove cut out of the collar internally to accommodate the locking screw and circlip (see attached picture), this was then mounted back onto the FSB-6 using the three original set screws.

I have kept the sleeves idea on my eye-pieces to avoid damage from tightening the locking screw on the FSB-6, and I have to say it works a treat, quick and easy to get on and off the scope, bang on centered every time, plus cable release. Only expensive thing I had to buy to convert, was the 2mm taps at £7 a piece

Dougie

Attachments

• Sleeve.jpg
    Sleeve.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Collar Inside.jpg
    Collar Inside.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 198
  • FSB-6 Adapted.jpg
    FSB-6 Adapted.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Am looking to combine the p5000 with this scope in the near future, so this is most interesting. Thanks for posting. Unfortunatly I have no access to or have never used a lathe!
Looking for a swing away set up with a good solid connection to the eyepiece that I can rely on to be square withe the eyepiece everytime...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back