• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I am new to the Backyard Feeder scene (1 Viewer)

HessNest

Arkansasbelle
I just started up my feeders when I moved to the country about 6 weeks ago
I am not at all a very good photographer but I can get some descent pics of my bird feeders.It took my awhile to figure out what the birds liked and the different types of birds that I have
I have the hardest time getting my indigo buntings to warm up to the camera like the Goldenfinch do.
Are they just nervous kind of bird? Or am I holding my mouth wrong
I am able to photo most of the birds at my feeders but as soon as I click that button off they go although I have some pretty cool wing span photos of one bunting but it is to blurry to post .
anyone have a good tip of the day for me :hippy:

Hi and welcome to semi-controlled chaos called the Forum! :eek!:
Helen's right... the biggest part of the photography thing is patience. The other thing for me is to make sure I have digital camera! That way you don't waste so much film on the shots that don't turn out. You can just delete them and be rid of the evidence! ;) Besides, some birds are just naturally more jumpy than others.
Hope you post some of your shots on here. I'd love to see an indigo bunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back