• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Attachment for Nikon D70 (1 Viewer)

Dave T

Regarding the Nikon Fieldscope attachment for the Nikon D70 the FSA-L1
I would appreciate an update as to whether anyone has recently purchased this adapter and would be very interested to see photos taken with this equipment and their comments.

Dave T

I have the older model - I guess with the same optical structure. It does not meter with the D100, but if it is of any help, here's a sample photo taken with the attachment. The image is noisy as it was underexposed (no metering, just guess work) and was auto-leveled in PS. I've tried it also with a X1.4 TC, with similar results. The eyepiece was quite dark with the TC. The left side is a 1:1 crop. Image is fairly good IMHO. The tripod used was a Gitzo 1348 + a Manfrotto 393 head. The object was about 2 miles away.

http://www.kramery.com/digitalphoto/gallery/Test2/DSC_9675f.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking to get that also but am conserned what the FOV will be?? at f13 ( I think) thats the focal length.

Am I correct in saying that no eye piece is used and thus you have one setting only which is f13 ???

sorry if I'm being a tad stupid

jackeen said:
I'm looking to get that also but am conserned what the FOV will be?? at f13 ( I think) thats the focal length.

Am I correct in saying that no eye piece is used and thus you have one setting only which is f13 ???

sorry if I'm being a tad stupid

Yes, you are right. It is not that bad as it may sound, at least not here, in my sunny country.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back