• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best 10x50 or 10x42 binos under 500 dolars (1 Viewer)

Glimmer

Hi!

I've read the forum for a long time, but now I´m going to change my bins and I have this question.

I live in Spain and I use to watch birds in long plains, so I feel more confortable with 10x binos.

Reading the forum and internet reviews, people agree that Nikon 10 x 42 SE are maybe the best option around 1000 dolars (Swaros and others are more expensive).

But I don't have enough money. Could you recommend a good pair of PORRO 10x50 or 10x42 bins under 500 dolars?

I have now Olympus 10x50 DPSI and I'm not very happy with them (poor bright)

Thanks!

PD: if there are a lot of quality difference between Nikon 10 x 42 SE and binos under 500 USD I can make an effort to buy them...

Glimmer said:
Hi!

I've read the forum for a long time, but now I´m going to change my bins and I have this question.

I live in Spain and I use to watch birds in long plains, so I feel more confortable with 10x binos.

Reading the forum and internet reviews, people agree that Nikon 10 x 42 SE are maybe the best option around 1000 dolars (Swaros and others are more expensive).

But I don't have enough money. Could you recommend a good pair of PORRO 10x50 or 10x42 bins under 500 dolars?

Thanks!

PD: if there are a lot of quality difference between Nikon 10 x 42 SE and binos under 500 USD I can make an effort to buy them...
I used to have a pair of Avian 10x50 (from www.acecameras.co.uk) that cost me about 500 euro, and they were superb. Slightly narrow FOV, but optically excellent and I loved the feel of them. Sorry now I sold them. Check them out there are some very good reviews.

Glimmer said:
Could you recommend a good pair of PORRO 10x50 or 10x42 bins under 500 dolars?

Hi!

Maybe you should think about Opticron HR WP 10x42 porros? I think the image is excellent, although the field of view is limited 89m/1000m). They are also waterproof.

Marko

Glimmer said:
Hi!

Thanks!

Bushnell Natureview 10x42 are worth a look if you get the chance, I think you can get them for under US$200.

I do not know if Doug ships overseas but Cameralandny.com had the 10x42 SEs (pre-owned I think) on sale for $499 as recently as a few days ago.

Otherwise I would probably suggest either the Pentax DCF-SP 10x50 or possibly the Vortex Viper 10x42.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back