• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald or Golden Eagle? (1 Viewer)

TerryK

WE have both Bald and Golden Eagles in our area, but the Balds are much more prevalent. My friend took this picture with a webcam that monitors a hydro dam and we are trying to decide is it's an immature Bald or a Golden eagle. I'm leaning towards the Bald because of the heavy bill. Opinions?

Attachments

• 3818124900_7dd40a76de_o.jpg
    3818124900_7dd40a76de_o.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 439
I agree with everything that's been said, but could someone explain why the legs look feathered?

Scott

Attachments

• 3818124900_7dd40a76de_o.jpg
    3818124900_7dd40a76de_o.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 136
Is it just me or does it give the illusion that it is sitting on a bird? Next to the talon it is oddly shaped like a bird's head with a very pale beak. Shows how your eyes can make things out of nothing

Is it just me or does it give the illusion that it is sitting on a bird? Next to the talon it is oddly shaped like a bird's head with a very pale beak. Shows how your eyes can make things out of nothing

It's definitly you. Anyone can see it's a cushion :t: :t: :t:
Chris
p.s.
Bald Eagle
C

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back