• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White or Pied Wagtail? (1 Viewer)

Lancey

Hello everyone,
I photographed a wagtail that I believe to be a White Wagtail due in part to its lack of grey on the flanks coupled with its distincy cut-off between black nape and greyish mantle, but it is by no means a 'classic' individual. I photographed it at Bough Beech reservoir last week where it only remained for a few minutes. What do you think?

Thanks,
Lancey

Attachments

• 16-apr-04 004.jpg
    16-apr-04 004.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 329
Joern Lehmhus said:
Could it also pe a white/pied hybrid? seems to be quite dark for a white, or is ist just the photo?
It could be Joern, but I was also using the description as well as the photo (which makes the bird darker because of the light hitting the grass behind it).

Its not classic but looks ok. They call disticntly differently to Pieds btw - hard do describe the difference... but sort of more tuneful

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back