• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x 32 Bins (1 Viewer)

jnug

I was searching and reading some posts on 10x32, 10x42 and various 8x bins. I guess I saw one post that offered a comment with regard to using 10x32's suggested that if you were out trekking their compact size and lighter weight might be preferred. I guess you would be better able to see distant subjects as long as you could hold it steady but would loss some performance at dusk.

Are there other practical uses for the 10x32?

For most of the time between sun up and sun down you can use them like a 10 x 42. And they are far more compact and lighter. Major problem is the small exit pupil which might give trouble with eye placement. Also there are really no good 10 x 32's which aren't alphas so you have to pay much more to get a good one. Other than that, if you like 10X you might like it even better in a small package.

Bob

Get a look through CL 10x30, they are amazing little binoculars: very bright and very sharp. Their ergonomics are, imo, wonderful.
Same goes for the Habichts 8x30 w, they are not 10x, but the view is ultra bright for a 30, they really deserve attention. They are tiny and very light.

One of my two main birding bins is a Zeiss 10x32 FL. In daylight it's brighter and clearer than my Zeiss Classic 10x40, it has wider FOV (120 m/1000 m!), is easier to use with spectacles and is very compact.

I find the eye placement a non-issue - my former top bin, the Minox HG 8x33 was more finicky with eye placement and focus, where I used to over-shoot and get back a lot more.

I recommend it whole-heartedly - it has to be tried to be believed.

//L

One of my two main birding bins is a Zeiss 10x32 FL. In daylight it's brighter and clearer than my Zeiss Classic 10x40, it has wider FOV (120 m/1000 m!), is easier to use with spectacles and is very compact.

I find the eye placement a non-issue - my former top bin, the Minox HG 8x33 was more finicky with eye placement and focus, where I used to over-shoot and get back a lot more.

I recommend it whole-heartedly - it has to be tried to be believed.

//L
Hello Looksharp,

I have had a similar experience, preferring the 10x32 Fl to the 10x40 ClassiC, a binocular which I returned to the shop.
I have two caveat: l do not find the the 10x32 suitable for prolonged viewing because of shaking and one cannot follow birds because of the narrow field of view. I have used it with a 7x42, finding together they make for good viewing. Short of carrying a 'scope, the 10x32 is useful when I need a little extra 'reach.'
If one needed just one binocular than an 8x32 is a good compromise.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back