• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Remote shutter release 4 Sony Rx 100 (1 Viewer)

Tmblweed1

Hello all, I'm new here and new to bird/nature watching and need some advice. We're putting together a digiscoping outfit. So far we have a Kowa 88mm scope, decent tripod and have ordered a Sony RX 100. This is sort of a mini DSLR w/o the mirror but with a 1" sensor and its the size of a point and shoot. Thats how we plan to mount it using a Vortex PS 100 and a Kowa DA10 adapter. We have read where this setup works fine and takes very good quality pics. I want to use a remote shutter release though (manual type) and so far all I can find are the spring loaded cable ones on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...3&sr=8-6&keywords=remote+cable+release+camera...
Have any of you found or made one that you find works good. Any advice is appreciated. ( The mount that Kowa makes w/ the push button release is way to expensive)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back