• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (6 Viewers)

lovely sheet of stonechats, they certainly are a bird that is full of character. I never could resist drawing them when I was in Aberystwyth, even though they were one of our commonest birds.

Thankyou all.

No. 3
You will be fed up with chats by the time this sheet is completed.

Attachments

• Scth 7.jpg
    Scth 7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Scth 8.jpg
    Scth 8.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 85
Thankyou Wendy & Tim.
Still growing 5 now.
+ No. 6
+ nO. 7

Attachments

• Scth 14.jpg
    Scth 14.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Scth16.jpg
    Scth16.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 79
  • Scth 17.jpg
    Scth 17.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Scth 18.jpg
    Scth 18.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Scth 19.jpg
    Scth 19.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
A Nattering of Chats

No.8
An enjoyable exercise.
Off to my granddaughters birthday for the w/e, shes 2.

Attachments

• Scth 20.jpg
    Scth 20.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Scth 21.jpg
    Scth 21.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 90
Another excellent cause for celebraton Arthur - the young'un's Birthday and a fabulous sheet of paintings - each one individually brilliant, but when seen together - fan-bloody-tastic.
REALLY REALLY love this!

this is one of those pieces to treasure, it's brilliant, cheerful and full of not just one, but EIGHT bundles of character, top stuff! Have fun with the granddaughter.

That's a very endearing set of character studies, a great way to show behavior with static images, they seem to move as you move your eyes from one to another.

Enjoy Grandad time.

Woody

Back from the bliss of second childhood. Thankyou for all your kind comments.

Godwits still having a go.
Also struggling with another oil.

Attachments

• Bltg6.jpg
    Bltg6.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I think it's worked, you've done the sky like fire and it creates a very dramatic and living backdrop that pushes the geese forward. Perhaps you think it doesn't work because it has a surreal edge to it? Whatever, you've created something very interesting here and I find it inspirational and very creative.

Thanks Nick & Aires
Some sketches from today . East bank Cley

Attachments

• EB1.jpg
    EB1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 78
  • EB2.jpg
    EB2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 87
  • EB3.jpg
    EB3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 77
  • EB4.jpg
    EB4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 83
The little grebes are as you describe - fluffballs, now, I want to say we need to see an avocet painting develop here, and that shelduck is truly awe-inspiring, it's one of the species I just can't sketch to save my life (unless they're asleep). You've got EVERYTHING spot on about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back