• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

recommended in-town bird sites for San Antonio February? (1 Viewer)

Fiscalshrike

I'll be in San Antonio first week of February. I won't have a car however. I will be in the Tobin Hill Area. I look forward to birding the Botanical Gardens. Any other recommendations? thanks

You aren't far at all from the Breckenridge (sp?) park area. Feb. is a bit early for birding there, but you might run into a goldfinch or two. Cardinals and chickadees are there all year.

Be aware however that the Tobin Hill area is quite large. It's not like you could easily walk from one end to the other in a short period of time. Depending on exactly where you are, you might well need to take some type of public transportation to get anywhere of note.......

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back