• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snap Moon with Pentax 65ed aii & cellphone (1 Viewer)

okpunk

Birding is to see the unsee.
Hi, Guys. I've owned 65ed aii for half year, but I didn't realize that it is such good for "moon shooting".
By now, I think that is quite a lot of fun:)

Next week, I'll get XW14. Is that as good as “Best choice for 65ed”? Please give some tips. thx!

Attachments

• IMG_20131213_204529_??.jpg
    IMG_20131213_204529_??.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02790_??.jpg
    DSC02790_??.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 162
Interesting digiscoping adapter that you have there. What is it?

..and nice pic of the moon with just a plossl eyepiece. I haven't done any night-time digiscoping (and probably won't at the moment with how cold it is out) but you have given me some ideas for the future. ;)

hey.FrankD, that is just a cellphone holder used for watching films or something. But it's quite amazing@_@

It is quite COOL!!!...a great idea!,,My daughter owns this HD camcorder,the Samsung HMX-W300,that I have been borrowing for videoscoping,..I like it because is small ,like a cell phone really,and with the ED50 is a tiny combo ,and quite amazing in quality..I did my own adapter,custom to my eyepieces,but this flexo one is interesting ..I have some of those flexible lamps with a clamp someplace,maybe worth a modification!

Last edited:
Hey, mayoayo. It seems that flexo adapter is convenient to adjust angel and position, but actually it's quite unstable. U know...it cost much time to snap with cellphone, especially for the moon⊙﹏⊙. So I'm trying to make a new one.
Something as Snapzoom is cool, I think. Try that.

Yes okpunk,it is quite a long flexo,so stability would be hard to attain...still an interesting concept..I made my adapter out of thin veneer,foam and a rubber ring to fit the eyepiece..Is similar in concept to those adapters sold for Iphone by Meopta,Kowa etc..Actually ,the first time I saw such cell phone adapter,was out of this forum,a prototype made by a member here, long before these adapters were made for sale..
Here You have a couple pictures of mine,in case you are interested..Is a base of thin veneer,a frame of EVA foam,to hold the camera/phone,and a rubber ring to pressure fit it to the eyepiece...easy and basically free

Attachments

• adapter1.jpg
    adapter1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 90
  • adapter2.jpg
    adapter2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Yes okpunk,it is quite a long flexo,so stability would be hard to attain...still an interesting concept..I made my adapter out of thin veneer,foam and a rubber ring to fit the eyepiece..Is similar in concept to those adapters sold for Iphone by Meopta,Kowa etc..Actually ,the first time I saw such cell phone adapter,was out of this forum,a prototype made by a member here, long before these adapters were made for sale..
Here You have a couple pictures of mine,in case you are interested..Is a base of thin veneer,a frame of EVA foam,to hold the camera/phone,and a rubber ring to pressure fit it to the eyepiece...easy and basically free

:eek!:That's professional! It is worth having a try. Thank you for so many ideas.
I've also got a idea that using magnet to keep stable, but it seems harmful to cellphone or camera. And I'll appreciate your advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back