• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (4 Viewers)

Not much to show re images....[bit sidetracked what with birdfair and other things]....

I did venture thru my field of beans the other day and noticed something new..

Early morning cross-light revealed an amazing network of webs connecting this crop which has yet to be harvested....[my pic doesn't really do it justice]...

And just a couple of autumnal renderings of a cluster of wasps on blackberries. I was going to eat a few...[the blackberries..not the wasps]....but i had to back off.....:eek!:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 010 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    010 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 30
Hi U,

Nice to have met U at the Birdfair.

Do you remember the name of lady of the the awesome Hunting Dogs??

H

PS Love the Murrelet!

Hi U,

Nice to have met U at the Birdfair.

Do you remember the name of lady of the the awesome Hunting Dogs??

H

PS Love the Murrelet!

Was good to meet you H2....and Mr.Barber...:t:

I'm afraid i don't remember the lady...[or indeed the hunting dogs]....i must have been zoned in on other stuff....!!
[I will ask rockfowl mark...he might know]...

While me is online i might as well put a few bits on from today.....

The bush cricket was on my mates car before we left for eye brook....this individual appears to be...[tho not completely legless]B :)...has at least one leg missing....

ps...the cricket was safely removed into greenery before our departure...!

Attachments

• 006 - Copy.jpg
    006 - Copy.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 004 - Copy.jpg
    004 - Copy.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 35
Is your mate selling his car soon? Everything wonderful seems to happen on it!

As always, lovely images!

ps Was given a camera a while back. And I find I'm apeing all your techniques! S'been a joyful ride! Thanks! Macro-Land is THE place to be at the moment!

Is your mate selling his car soon? Everything wonderful seems to happen on it!

As always, lovely images!

ps Was given a camera a while back. And I find I'm apeing all your techniques! S'been a joyful ride! Thanks! Macro-Land is THE place to be at the moment!

Chuckle..!

I will ask him when he's selling the vehicle Phil...tho i don't believe it is special in any way....[these 'occurrences' happen everywhere]...!
I'm sure he still thinks i'm 'barking' with the images i take....then again..i always have been...[;)]

The bush cricket looked fantastic against that background...and i was reminded of an image i took some months ago....antenna's up....:cat:

It is all communication....and one thing always relates to another....[i'm woffling...forgive me]...:smoke:

ps...i would be interested to see some of your macro results thru the lens of your camera Phil...wack some stuff on here if you like....

pps....macro world is endlessly exciting....[at present i am attempting images of the quantum world....if i get a pic of a higgs boson particle i will post it].....ha....more chance of a higgs than finding breeding hobbies locally at present....tho we did see this one the other day which me mate photographed..nice shot i think....

Attachments

• 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Hobby_0054.jpg
    Hobby_0054.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 37
Nicola's work is astonishing, isn't it. I've been aware of her for a while now and, well, she just seems to be getting better and better. Excellent link, Mark.

A couple o bits n bobs.....

In the last two images i was trying to 'catch the wind'....feather and seeds caught on umbellifer...

ps....i tried using movie mode on me camera today....http://username-beast.blogspot.com/...it's a chuckle...[if you look then please notice the complete lack of quality]....;)

Attachments

• 026 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    026 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 013 - Copy (2).jpg
    013 - Copy (2).jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 018 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    018 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 018 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    018 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 32
It was good to put a face to the name H, those hunting dogs where rather special, I'd have a problem choosing something from that stand, the Hares where amazing and the Mandrill....well....want one! ;)

http://www.nicholatheakston.com/

M[/quote]

Thanks, Mark.

U, don't read the Hobby Thread today !

H

Having just read some very sad news on this forum this morning i feel inclined to post these images......[my thoughts are with Apodemus]....

Attachments

• 005 - Copy.jpg
    005 - Copy.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 007 - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 016 - Copy.jpg
    016 - Copy.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 014 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 29
Birds were flicking with an autumnal urgency today through hedgerow and tree as the sun beamed down it's brilliance.....

And feeding and basking in the late summer air...a family of spotted flycatchers charmed as they darted above...snapping insects above a nearby pond....

ps....you'll just have to take my word for it that the attached images are indeed of a spotted fly...[makes a change from just 'fly' stuff eh]...? ;)

All the best....[especially to all those new artists on this forum...i can't keep up with all the new threads]...:eek!:....great stuff..:t:

Attachments

• 008 - Copy.jpg
    008 - Copy.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 008 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    008 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 008 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    008 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 29
Cheers Nick..Phil....!

I have been sucked lately into my own little blogworld...[sounds painful don't it]?...so i haven't been posting as much on here...[tho i will continue when i think appropriate with wildlife stuff....:cat:

The other day i snapped this whitethroat in my much loved thistles.....all that's missing is some flies....;) :smoke:

ps...flycatchers have ate em all....;)

Attachments

• 016 - Copy (2).jpg
    016 - Copy (2).jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 007 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 34
Brill User!

Made me smile. And that happens 2 or 3 times in my life...

Keep 'em coming!

Never enuff smiles.....[i will do more humor stuff on username-beast bloggy bit for you]....far too rude and sweary for here...!

Meantime...here's just some traditional photo's of one of my fav subjects....

As i wandered the fields towards dusk yesterday the skies put on a great performance as gull squadrons flew overhead to roost who knows where...

On hearing a familiar call i put my camera away and focused on two large birds grappling with each other mid-air....and i was shocked...for this was a species i'd never seen on my local patch....ravens..!! So 'wow' was i that i just watched them until they disappeared and completely forgot to take a photo....:smoke:

I am obviously a birdwatcher at heart....

ps...apologies for just 'photos' and not what i call images...[if not appropriate here i will bung the pix elsewhere]...

Attachments

• 027 - Copy.jpg
    027 - Copy.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 30
  • 013 - Copy.jpg
    013 - Copy.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 031 - Copy.jpg
    031 - Copy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 033 - Copy.jpg
    033 - Copy.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 33
Stunning!

And I never fail to get excited about Ravens. They are so wary. And getting a good photo is hard. Unless you set your hide near a fresh carcass!

A missed opportunity indeed!

I am always surprised by the lack of enthusiasm most I've spoken to have about Ravens.
For me they are the embodiment of Nature herself. And I am always excited when I encounter them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back