• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Boggles the mind - in a good way.

I like images that make the viewer think....[tho i wouldn't like to think what some viewers might think of the photographer]...:eek!:

While i'm here....just a few bits....[first pic i took yesterday whilst in an arboretum taking shots of the many varieties of trees and their wonderful shapes]...

Despite the awful weather today....[grizzly and damp]...i went in search of my needle in a haystack...[the 'needle' being a long eared owl]. Following streams and trudging through wet woods i peered into the gloom...searching for 'the shape'...but the owl eluded...!

Whilst searching for one thing tho....one always notices something else....:cat:

ps...i ought to rename this thread as 'the daily ramblings of a photographic nature nut]....;)

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 001 - Copy (2).jpg
    001 - Copy (2).jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 001 - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 43
A walkabout in late afternoon produced these images today....

Midges responding to the warmth of the sun...

An icy pool....

And shadows....

Attachments

• 037 - Copy.jpg
    037 - Copy.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 013 - Copy.jpg
    013 - Copy.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 024 - Copy.jpg
    024 - Copy.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 37
and more.....[perhaps of eastern influence]....

Attachments

• 007 - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 004 - Copy.jpg
    004 - Copy.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 051 - Copy.jpg
    051 - Copy.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 37
I've been watching a lot of barn owls recently....and every time i am captivated by there beauty....

ps...have purposely not been posting many images of late as a lot of my subject matter does not really qualify as wildlife art...[so it goes on my daft blog...which ideally should carry a public health warning]...:smoke:

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• 014 - Copy (4) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    014 - Copy (4) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 47
  • 014 - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    014 - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 014 - Copy (5) - Copy.jpg
    014 - Copy (5) - Copy.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 014 - Copy (4).jpg
    014 - Copy (4).jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 014 - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    014 - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 35
Lovely barn owl images, U - something very special about these birds and this interpretation works beautifully.

Incredibly endearing species that appeals to almost everyone i guess Tim.....

ps...in those posted images i tried to evolve an eye-like appearance background...[with the owl itself being an eye shine]...if that makes sense....:cat:

pps...i notice Ed and Gaby have been doing some owl stuff of late...always a pleasure to see...:t:

Just a very few images of late.....

ps...i may just restrict myself to only posting once a week just to give you all a rest]....;)

Attachments

• 020 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    020 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 027 - Copy.jpg
    027 - Copy.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 008 - Copy.jpg
    008 - Copy.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 023 - Copy.jpg
    023 - Copy.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 32
  • 020 - Copy.jpg
    020 - Copy.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 27
Once a week's fine. :-O

p.s. when did it change from Diademed Plover to Sandpiper?

Chuckle...;)

ps...[have you been reading my daft blog]? ;) diademed plover...diademed sandpiper...? I always get confused.....:smoke:...wasn't it originally called diademed sandpiper-plover...? Maybe i should stick to using my latin....!

All the best Redeye...thanx for dropping by....:t:

Something i saw today.....

Muntjac....

Attachments

• 034 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    034 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 52
  • 029 - Copy.jpg
    029 - Copy.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 034 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    034 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 39
the barn owls are SUPERB! REAL wildlife art - and so much more skilful for the fact that it was wildlife art produced with a camera - cameras can be very stifling of creativity - but not in this case - WONDERFUL!

Interesting the Muntjac, I always feel compelled to take photos of dead birds and animals I find.

the barn owls are SUPERB! REAL wildlife art - and so much more skilful for the fact that it was wildlife art produced with a camera - cameras can be very stifling of creativity - but not in this case - WONDERFUL!

Interesting the Muntjac, I always feel compelled to take photos of dead birds and animals I find.

It is always a strange emotional reaction when one finds oneself confronted with a dead creature...a curious mixture of sadness and yet wonderment at natures designs...
I felt almost felt compelled to document the occurrence when i chanced upon this roadside casualty as it was such a handsome thing. I never alter the positions of 'things' i happen upon but i do try to do whatever creature it is some sort of justice....[and i don't always succeed]....

Here's a few 'live' images i've taken recently....[i'm making the most of the waxwings in my area at present]...

As you can see from the pix these birds are near a main road....birds over lorries and bin-wagons....;)

ps...thanx for all kind comments....!

Attachments

• 011 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    011 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 004 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    004 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 36
  • 011 (3) - Copy.jpg
    011 (3) - Copy.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 44
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 33
The weather over the shires of late has been less than inspirational....:smoke:

However....the rain and consequential muddy pools in the field lead me to these images....[don't ask me why i produced them in this manner]...it just felt right...!

Perhaps the forthcoming BBC Attenborough program on the elephant bird egg may have influenced me a tad....[tho i consider them more planetary in nature]....:cat:

ps...[i realize that they don't really qualify as wildlife art and will happily remove them to my blog if necessary]...no worries...!

pps...thanx Tim/Gaby for your previous kind comments...:t:

Attachments

• 013 - Copy.jpg
    013 - Copy.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 013 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    013 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 46
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 38
Terrific work again Mr C (oops :) ) - love the juxtaposition of the migrants with the overland logistics trailer; class!

I think Tim says it well on these. As for the most recent, they look like The Egg of Spring, just waiting to hatch. I know there's no such thing as The Egg of Spring but maybe it's just waiting to be discovered..............

I think Tim says it well on these. As for the most recent, they look like The Egg of Spring, just waiting to hatch. I know there's no such thing as The Egg of Spring but maybe it's just waiting to be discovered..............

Perhaps i should have posted those eggs on the Aesthetics and Symbolism art thread Ken..... ;)

Probably of no great interest...but these attached pix that i took yesterday in the field are the basis for the 'eggs of spring'....

Attachments

• 010 (2).jpg
    010 (2).jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 005 (2).jpg
    005 (2).jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 006 (2).jpg
    006 (2).jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back