• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins Bird Guide for Android Survey (1 Viewer)

Found my first mistake in the app: an apostrophe error at the end of the Plain Swift text ��

No mistake there on my version ;)

It reads (under calls): To all intents inseparable from Swift's. (implies that its call is To all intents inseparable from Swift's call)

The app works great on my Galaxy S6.

Last edited:
Just downloaded - a quick first test: It works just great with OnePlus T3 and Android 7.1.1.
- looks very promissing and worth waiting for! Happy at last!

Also, does it all work offline?!
It should, but I have been caught out before with things going off looking for internet connectivity.

(the "OK Google" voice command to turn your phone torch on and off, being the most spectacular as it needs to go off to Google HQ and back to execute the command)

Wedejaz's search query got me wondering.

It works offline Peter.

One thing I've noticed is that the introduction alludes to the abundance codes but fails to explain them.

Sent from my Bush Spira B2 10 tablet using Tapatalk

It works offline Peter.

One thing I've noticed is that the introduction alludes to the abundance codes but fails to explain them.

Sent from my Bush Spira B2 10 tablet using Tapatalk

Once you see the abundance code in the plate of the particular bird you're viewing, just tap it (it's tapable). You then get the full status code page.

No mistake there on my version ;)

It reads (under calls): To all intents inseparable from Swift's. (implies that its call is To all intents inseparable from Swift's call)

The app works great on my Galaxy S6.
Oh yes I see - I didn't notice it was in the call section and assumed it was a grocer's apostrophe plural... Well I can't fault it then, except for no call for Siberian Accentor!

(the "OK Google" voice command to turn your phone torch on and off, being the most spectacular as it needs to go off to Google HQ and back to execute the command)

The OK Google obviously works differently over here; it will turn the phone flashlight on even when in Airplane Mode.

The OK Google obviously works differently over here; it will turn the phone flashlight on even when in Airplane Mode.

Just checked, mine also works offline now. They must have updated in the last few months. Must start using that again, it is actually useful now!
Apologies for going off on a tangent.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back