• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B & L Discoverer and phase coatings (1 Viewer)

Both good questions. I'm sure a few of the regulars can answer it; I too am curious about the "exact" date and number. A few years ago, after I knew about the addition of phase correction coatings, I bought one (7x42) for a retiring friend. I don't recall that the model number appeared different from what I remembered previously, and the view in comparison with my memories of a non-phased-correction-coated 10x42 version was not superior in resolution, contrast or color. What I'm suggesting is that phase correction coating does not guarantee an improvement, though it often does. I think that other factors (maybe quality of coating application and overall design) contribute a lot to whether the PC coating is effective. I suspect that other users have observed this too. No offense to anybody!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back