• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Antrim Birding (1 Viewer)

ohlookabirdie

love the birds!!!
Northern Ireland
I thought that North Antrim should get a mention here.
Anyone from here want to (or maybe you have already) organise a meeting? Let me know.

My most interesting (but probably boring) recent news from this area: I noticed the other day (well the last couple of days) that there is 3 or 4 hooded x carrion hybrids (they could have been just hooded, but I had never seen them before and they looked too 'grey'.

Anything interesting in your N. Antrim area please let me know.

~~James~~

Last edited:
Near N.Antrim

ohlookabirdie said:
Anything interesting in your N. Antrim area please let me know.

:hi: Anyone from the Coleraine area is welcome to include themselves in this,because you aren't far off N.Antrim and i have seen some very nice birds in/around Coleraine

~~James~~

Ok so i don't care if there is noone is from around here, i am going to use this to tell you what i've been at.

I went out today and i seen 3 buzzards (2 of witch were mating), i also saw the following:

Starling
Robin
Blackbird
Great tit
Wren
Carrion Crow
Raven
Curlew
Chaffinch

not the best day but not bad.

Hello Ohlookabirdie,

I'm just up the road from you & joined up yesterday.

I don't do a lot of adventure Birding but I do enjoy watching birds that are around here.

Perhaps this site will inspire me to do more.

I would like to see the Tree Sparrows I read about, down around Lough Neagh & the Twites at Fair Head are high on my list of birds to see here.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=100304

Anyway, good to know that there are other keen birdwatchers nearby.

Cheers
Dick
B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back