• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robin - feeding from hand (1 Viewer)

noodle

Whilst visiting Arundel WWT park I had the pleasure of a Robin landing on my hand to eat some grain I had bought to feed the ducks with.

I know I might get people complaining about bird flu and/or the taming of wild birds but it truly was amazing to have the bird land on my hand to feed. I was feeding tame pheasants at the time but this was far more special.

Sadly the better half didn't get a photo .....

Wild spots inlcuded a couple of grey wagtails. As its Arundel some of the birds aren't wild as they are breed for the collection etc. Still no bittern or firecrest.... now i'm a member I'll be going back more frequently so hopefully i'll get luckier one day....

Hi Noodle,
I think to have a Robin land on your hand is fabulous and a wonderful experience. I get a thrill out of them following me around the garden and being so close, but wow to have one feed like that.Magic.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back