• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bar Harbour, Maine (1 Viewer)

breffni

I'm planning a trip to Bar Harbour mid-June and was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel or guesthouse near whatever downtown they have there but also near best birding areas? (Sorry i guess this is a future vacational trip report...)

breffni, accomodations on MDI can be tricky as they tend to fill up pretty fast. What my family and I have done through out the years is to rent a cottage on Long Pond, however most of those are probably booked at this point - still worth checking IMO. There are several hotels in Bar Harbor. Southeast harbor is great too (smaller and a little more laid back). As far as birding the "wonderland" and "nature" trails near Seawall are pretty good. Really the whole island is great for birding. My wife is much more knowledgeable about this stuff as she is the family travel agent -when she gets home from work I will try to get her thoughts. In any case hope you have a fantastic trip!:t:

Last edited:
Thanks - appreciate it! I phoned a few places but $200 for a bed and a shower, no matter how "quaint" is a bit steep for me!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back