• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New walking climbing boots (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I've ordered some new climbing boots for when I go out birdwatching with my local RSPB Group after one of my pair of climbing boots split after 45 years of regular use. The new pair of climbing boots I've ordered are of Meindl Bhutan MFS Climbing Boots. They do get good reviews. Has anyone had any experience with those make of boots.
Ian.

I have had some Meindl lightweight walking boots for years. Very comfy and hard wearing. Can't recall what model they are.

I've had a pair for a few years. Without doubt the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. On the downside they started leaking after about a year.

Hi,

how do I put this? I mean Meindl is a well known manufacturer of hiking and mountain boots but I'd never consider to buy shoes online... I know, I routinely need to try many pairs in the shop until I find a pair which my feet like - more so with hiking boots which need fit well for many hours even with tight laces for walking downhill.

So hopefully you can return these if there's a shadow of doubt whether they fit well. Over here in a specialized sports store for mountain equipment, the clerks will tell you to take your time walking around in the store, use the stairs or even have an artificial slope to climb... so do the same in your house (but maybe not outside - not sure if they'll like the return of dirty shoes ;-)

Joachim

Hi,

how do I put this? I mean Meindl is a well known manufacturer of hiking and mountain boots but I'd never consider to buy shoes online... I know, I routinely need to try many pairs in the shop until I find a pair which my feet like - more so with hiking boots which need fit well for many hours even with tight laces for walking downhill.

So hopefully you can return these if there's a shadow of doubt whether they fit well. Over here in a specialized sports store for mountain equipment, the clerks will tell you to take your time walking around in the store, use the stairs or even have an artificial slope to climb... so do the same in your house (but maybe not outside - not sure if they'll like the return of dirty shoes ;-)

Joachim
Well my climbing boots arrived in the post this morning and they fit me perfectly. Much better in fact, than my old boots of 45 years old that I've just replaced. So I'm very happy with them indeed.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back