• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with the Pentax PF-80EDa (1 Viewer)

Kunibert

Hi, I've tried some eyepieces (Morpheus 9mm, Pentax 8-24mm, Hyperion 8-24mm) and the PF-CA35 adapter for digiscoping with my Pentax K-5 II oder K-3 and a Pentax PF-80EDa. I used a SMC 2,8/40mm Lens as relaylens between the DSLR and the eyepieces or a small T2 extension. Nothing really worked well. Can you recommend a good eyepiece for this purpose for the Pentax PF-80EDa?

Tom

Last edited:
In a private message Bill has recommended the XW20 Eyepiece. Thank you. If I can lay hands on it, I will give it a try.

I photographed how I've attached cameras to my Pentax PF-80EDa. You can see the images here. The text is German, but the images show everything important.

http://www.photoinfos.com/Spektiv/Pentax-Spektiv-Digiscoping.htm

No setup produced good results. I didn't post images yet, because I'm waiting for an answer from Pentax. The respective persons are on holiday now. So it might take some time until I get an answer.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back