• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone with birding tattoos? (2 Viewers)

I am having the word Yellowhammer in arabic up my right arm, done this friday... ;-)

Not a pic but a name of the bird ? it could mean anything to someone else, but i know what it means, thats what it is all about.

Hear is a site that translates bird names in to arabic...

http://www.wildlife-pal.org/BirdsAra2.htm

Last edited:
Another tattoo update. Now one of my daughters has had three White-tailed Eagles tattooed on her shoulder....one of the typical species where she has grown up.

This and many more birding tattoo pics can be seen here.

Attachments

• Sonia_WT_Eagle_e.jpg
    Sonia_WT_Eagle_e.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 75
I've got a celtic-style Raven across my shoulders. Also got celtic animal and bird designs on my upper arms, but they're more generic. I'm on the lookout for something suitable along the same lines for a sleeve piece.

The Moorhen sounds intriguing, it would be great to see it.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    509.6 KB · Views: 65
I bumped into a young lady in the employ of the RSPB in summer last year with a Perigrine Falcon tattoo on her arm

I don't have a tattoo. But I have a something what is almost as easy to take off: The Ravens Shackle. It has been on my wrist since 2012.

Attachments

• Ravens Shackle.jpg
    Ravens Shackle.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 64
Thanx. Yours Celtic Raven is great. Also I like those American natives bird pictures. Especially North-West Coast style.

I'd like to see Longbows Eagle skull done in Plains Indian style. Do you have a photo?

Got a full 'Twin Peaks' sleeve with several GH Owls "not what they seem", TP fans will know what I mean, everyone else won't have a clue, but eh ho.

Just added pictures of a seawatcher called Sabine with a Sabine's Gull here. How cool is that?!

Love the Sabine's Gull, although I think it is a bit too light to last well. Would really like a Pygmy Owl on arm or shoulder but don't think my wife would be too impressed !

Hey folks, how are you doing?

I'm new here. I wanted to know your opinion. My gf wants a bird tattoo. She is all about rare species of birds and wants to capture one of them on her shoulder. I don't have any tats and don't know yet how react, what do you think???:smoke:

here's the example of what she wants to get

https://tattoozza.com/bird-tattoos

Hi and welcome to Bird Forum.

There are some cracking examples of work on the link that you attached. Some of them would be quite straight-forward and relatively quick, others would take several sittings and many hours of work over a period of time.

My first suggestion would be not to rush into a design, think carefully about what she wants, where she wants it and even though it's ultimately her decision, it's really helps if you both like it. Go and talk to a professional tattoo artist, they'll be in the best position to advise you and talk you through the process.

Some of the key points for consideration would be those listed here

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/advice/a7174/what-to-know-before-getting-tattoos/

I'd say that if she's really serious, go for it! (but then again I'm probably a bit biased. I wouldn't be viewing this thread if I wasn't ;)

Sorry I've not been more help, but it's a difficult subject. Let's hope you find something suitable and keep us posted.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back