• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Micro Four-Thirds (1 Viewer)

Still not a lot going on around here.... a few Great Tits, Sparrows, various crows etc...
Here is a GT from out my window:
32327437484_24f84baa02_h.jpg
E-M1 II with Canon 400/5.6. Distance about 8 meters. 400 ISO, 1/100 at f/6.3
I was in the upstairs window here:
32327421914_8552791e41_z.jpg
:cool:

Here is an update on the subject of focus refusal. Just came home from a trip to Sri Lanka, on which I brought a second EM-1 body in addition to the one I have owned since 2+ years back. Both bodies are updated to latest FW. The second body is newer, with less than 10k shutter actuations.

The MB/Canon 400 setup shows som radial play in both bodies, about the same amount. There is hardly any play when mounting m4/3 lenses, which fit perfectly.

The focus refusal occurs when using the older body only. It also occurs sometimes when used with m4/3 lenses with a different behavior though: Immediately after powering on the camera the AF is activated without me asking for it and focus gets stuck in the closest focus position. No way to exit this state but to power off/on. Gently twisting the lens mount and/or pressing lens release button will not help, in contrary to the MB/Canon where this usually cures the focus refusal. Could it be that the connector/s in the camera body have some issue, although they look clean and don't show any sign of mechanical misalignment?

Try turning it off and see if it changes anything. I hate it. I want to be able to turn the camera off if I have a long wait, but have the focus sort of where I want it if something shows up and I turn it back on.

Try turning it off and see if it changes anything. I hate it. I want to be able to turn the camera off if I have a long wait, but have the focus sort of where I want it if something shows up and I turn it back on.
Thanks, it never occurred to me this could potentially impact the focusing. Will turn it off and see it it improves things.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back