• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Inna and Jeff in Florence OR (1 Viewer)

sigfield

We're feeding birds in the back yard, for about 2 years now. It's time to learn more. First thing is the right food. Which is why I'm here (jeff), so if you have any suggestions thanks in advance! Jeff

Hi Inna and Jeff and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to form its own thread in the Food and Feeders forum, as I think you may get the answers you want there. I also subscribed you to the thread so you can find it easily.

It would help if we knew what types of birds you already have coming to your back yard.

I hope you will enjoy your time here with us.

Thanks Delia, our birds are mostly gold finches and chickadees. We have a hummingbird feeder also. I'll check out the food and feeders now, thanks again. Jeff

Black oil sunflower seeds are #1 with the birds you name. In Canada at least, Costco sells some big bags of good mixed seed as well. When I started up the feeders most recently, about 4 years ago, I got a good deal on nyger seed, bought a very large bag. The birds here don't much like the stuff although they will eat it in spurts. Gave away about half of the 50 or so pounds I had before it went bad, or at least not as nutritional.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back