• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BTO garden birdwatch (1 Viewer)

chris3871 said:
Thanks everyone!
With so much positive feedback I must have a go. :bounce:

Chris
Yes, do. I, like others, keep a small notebook on the window sill and anything thats needs noting I can do there and then. And as has been mentioned its even more satisfying to know the information you send in is useful.

I agree! We also have a bird count program through Bird Studies Canada, which I participated in for the first time this past year - a great idea for a beginning birder, I found it very helpful in learning how to properly "count" the birds and practice just sitting and watching. I've seen a few species in my little garden that I've never seen before.

Been doing it for about 3 years now. good fun and makes you more aware of your garden birds.

I have been doing it too for three years, and online since last year, it's nice to see all the previous year counts, and compare how many of each species etc for the same week each year.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back