• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to compare optics before buying? (1 Viewer)

DavidJudySmith

Because of a recent, very thorough, home burglary, I will be buying a scope and two pairs of binoculars soon. I would like to find a place where I can compare many models before buying, but there are no well-stocked stores locally. Any recommendations? In general, the closer to central North Carolina, the better.

As I am sure most folks know my favorite outdoor retailer is Cabelas. They carry the most optics choices of anyone I have ever visited. The closest store to you, I believe, is the West Virginia site. I do not know if that is too far away or not but thought I would mention it regardless.

I do believe one or two forum members are at least from your state so they may be able to offer better advice.

We have a hunting fishing store here that has my best selection, after the Cabelas that is being set up. They have a store in NC
Bass Pro Shops
8181 Concord Mills Blvd.
Concord, NC 28027
Phone: 704-979-2200
http://www.basspro.com/
You have to stand in line with guys buying guns to see the bins. And I think they carry only Monarchs in the Nikons, and maybe one Action.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back