• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

abre2550/88012 (1 Viewer)

pearlymay

Hi,
A female Redstart hit our window this morning and she was wearing a ABRE band with the number 2550/88012.
Anybody know where I can report it?
Pearlymay

Hi pearlymay and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Bird Ringing and Banding forum - I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out. I also subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it.

Abre??????????

Thank you
I reported the band to reportband .com and they said that the number I gave has not been used yet
???????????
I checked X3 and it's the right number plus the word ABRE
Nicole

Hi, It also mentions open so I will try to open it .
Maybe it's written inside.
P

If it really is a ring originating in a Spanish-speaking country, it will be a very interesting recovery. I'm surprised the Canadian ringing scheme didn't have a contact addy for you to go to.

Info

Thanks every body ............
Just got an e-mail from USGS.
Pearlymay

Species AMERICAN REDSTART (F)
Age of Bird HATCHED IN 2011
NEAR PORT ROWAN, ONTARIO, CANADA (COORDINATES: LAT: 42.58333; LON: -
80.41667 )

Hi Pearlymay,

And another welcome, from this side of the pond!

That's a great recovery - this one really wandered far! I wouldn't have been so surprised with a recovery to the south (since all redstarts have to migrate to, and from, the tropics each year), but I am quite surprised to find one so far north of its natal spot. I had this idea that small passerines tended to try to set up territories near to their parents' - evidently not, or at least not always.

I know Jon, sort of vaguely, do you want me to try to contact him for more life history (if it is available)?

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back