• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wich camera for Kowa 773? (1 Viewer)

hjvandijk

Hi,

Can anyone tell me wich camera's are a suitable comination with Kowa 773 ???(30W lens)?

Nikon p6000 should fit (but needs quit some zoom to get a descent view???)

I prefer to have the maximum Field Of View as possible, so I can take pictures also in a the lower of de zoom range (want to make pictures of migrating birds).

greatings,
Hendrik Jan

Jan,
The Nikon P5100 or the Canon A590IS will work will with most eyepieces.
Have a look at the threads here about these cameras. Neil.

Hi,

If you can get hold of one (I just got one on E-Bay) I have found that the Sony DSC_W5 with a screw-in adapter gives better results than the P5100, as the adapter jams perfectly into the 30XWA Kowa eyepiece when it's extended for non-glasses wearers, and the P5100 adapter fits less well. However, if you're going to use the Kowa DA-10 adapter and a cable shutter release (personally I find them fiddly and timwe consuming) then either camera is fine.

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back