• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red head & Bib, black wings and white body (1 Viewer)

I'll try again. Hello everyone, I'm trying to identify an unusual bird. Have pictures and will try to post.
I live in central Ohio, USA.

Attachments

• bird_5181.JPG
    bird_5181.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 173
  • bird_5184.JPG
    bird_5184.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 189
  • bird_5183.JPG
    bird_5183.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 125
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Yup, the beautiful, Red-headed woodpecker. Watch for their young ones which don't look too much like them in the beginning. ;)

Woah that's a beautiful. Also, welcome :). People here are being so friendly here welcoming me, I thought I would pass on the love.

Hi Scorpio Bird Watcher and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to hearing all your news.

D

Thanks to everyone for your help.
So this must be the parent bird. We have had smaller Red Headed Woodpeckers, but they have just had red on top of the head and black & white speckled feathers. This one had left us guessing.
Thanks again.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back