• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Remote Control for Olympus C5060WZ (1 Viewer)

Adey Baker

Olympus supply the 5060 camera with the RM-2 remote controller.

Unfortunately, it has only one setting which gives a two-second delay before firing the shutter. For digiscoping purposes, this is about as useful as an 'Airtex' parachute!

Olympus make a better specified remote controller in the form of the RM-1, but I'm not certain whether this will work with the 5060 and give an instantaneous shutter release.

I emailed Olympus nearly a fortnight ago to ask them but they haven't bothered to reply yet - silly me, expecting a prompt(ish) reply!

So has anyone used this combination, and does it work?

TIA

p.s. I'm aware that a cable release is available - if you buy the seperate add-on battery pack, which adds (not inconsiderable) cost and weight to the set-up!

Rm-1

I still use mine with my C730 and it worked equally well with my C5050, so I "assume" it will be the same with the C5060. It works as well as the shutter button = usual focus/metering shutter delay. I do find it doesn't work well from the rear of the camera unless you are inside and get a signal reflecting back. For external tripod work I find it more of an "intimately close" rather than a "remote control". It also appears to lack the feature of the Nikon cable remote where you can use the half press position to pre-focus and reduce the time delay, but it costs about 1/3 of the Nikon cable!

Hope this helps.

jim

bergqvist said:
Have you tried the RM-1 yet? I've also got an 5060 and i'm curious.

Passed on the camera to my wife some time ago, but yes I bought the RM-1 and it still performs the same as the RM-2 with the delay - the difference being that it also controls the zoom.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back