• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SRB' s new swing out camera bracket (1 Viewer)

Hi Jim,

I have done business with these people several times over the years. I have purchased their swing-away brackets, shutter release brackets, cables, etc. Sometimes they will send you a confirmation on shipping dates and sometime they do not, but the merchandise has always arrived, usually about as fast as from a State side purchase.

I have found them to be good people to do business with.

Hope this helps and hope your bracket arrives soon.

Robert

It took a good two weeks for my purchase to arrive. I do not think that it is time for you to panic yet. If you go through older postings on the forum there are a lot of forum members from around the world who have purchased from SRB-Griturn. I don't recall any complaints from people who have not received their purchases.

Went to the Birdfair on Sunday and first stop was the SRB stand to see Terry. Had a good look at the mk 2 version and have to say what a brilliant piece of kit. Took my old mk 1 bits to the stand in the afternoon to upgrade but horrors, Terry had sold out before Sunday. Placed an order and it came today, excellent service Terry. As soon as possible I had the scope up and set the bracket and camera up, took a little time but patience was rewarded. The system was absolutley fine, the bracket stayed in place no movement at all when the scope was picked up and put down, the camera stayed in the closed up position and also in the swung out position, when I tried that. I also found that it was so rigid that a remote release was not needed. A word of warning if you do have a remote release as in Paul's photos be very careful when you swing the camera out to look through the scope you could get a poke in the eye!!, you have been warned. Belive me I found a remote release was not needed.

I also found that the bracket could easily take my Sony handycam (the SR series) with no problem, I believe therefore it could also easily manage the JVC experio series as well. just thought I would mention that for those interested in videoscoping.

In summary an excellent bit of kit and excellent value for money. One could say it does what it says on the box!!

new srb-griturn with Kowa 884

Does anyone out there have this setup? I'm intersted to know if the nylon lock screws in the eyepeice sleeve fasten down on the rotating part of the eyepeice (zoom in my case) or do they fasten down on the non-rotating part, that is, the part ususally ocupied by the small plastic thread protecting collar?
I use a Kowa TSN-PS1 stabalizing mount and wish to know if there will be interferance by the eyepeice sleeve.

Thanks

Mark Ansell

I don't know about your specific question (I don't know what a PS1 is) but the SRB adapter has always been designed to allow for zooming and if there was a possible problem I'm sure Terry could make adjustments to accommodate a unique situation, try contacting SRB with your query.

That said, if you could afford it (it's pretty pricey), the Kowa swing away adapter is fantastic. It's even better than the SRB, my brother Paul uses it with an 884 and the zoom. Although I don't know if this PS1 thing might interfere with it.

Cheers.
Jaff

Last edited:
Re Kowa TSN-PS1

Hi Jaff, here is a picture of the adapter I mentioned. As you can see, it may interfer with the SRB-Griturn swing-out adapter. Although the rear support is adjustable in that it move forward or backwards, it may not clear the bridge of the swing out sleeve.

Mark

Attachments

• kowa tsn-ps1.jpg
    kowa tsn-ps1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 101
Ahh so it's a balancing rail type thing. I see why you think it might be a problem but I'm afriad I still can't give you a definitive answer. Email SRB with your problem and include some pics taken by you of your setup and see what they say. That's my advice.

I think it may be a problem with the Kowa adapter too but without getting a look at my brother's I can't say for certain. Again I'd say contact Kowa and ask them for advice. The adapter is called the TSN-DA4.

Good luck.
Jaff

looking at the photo i would say the DA4 would not have any problems screwing on the end of the eyepiece. What camera are you using with your set up.

How much is the adapter bracket package? I don't seem to be able to check the price. They do have the digiscoping kit with scope and camera available for order. I have scope and camera already.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back